Monday, November 14, 2005

Third weeks go ahead

It's the third week and I've reached 40,000 words. The whole of last week was not too productive. I've actually hit a very serious plot problem and was stuck for quite a while. Certain plots didn't tie in well and during a slump the last few days I produced some writing that I'm not too proud of and thus the last few days have been concentraiting on rewriting a whole large part of the chapter. I've also taken an indepth look at the novel in its entire form as of now and reworked the chapters, seems I've written so much that the previous chapter outline needed to be expanded. A very big problem was concerning a major battle where the remnants of the town's militia and the heroes were making a last stand against the invaders. I couldn't tie in how the invaders would spare the outpost instead of razing everything in sight, another stumbling block involved a scene where my hero Edwin met a new companion who was stuck in jail I thought for days how to get him into prison with good reasons and how to set him to help the said fellow escape incarceration. A lot of plot at this point didn't tie in and I had to reconfigure certain events I wrote and added new twists and details to them to rationalize the story. In the end I depended on one particular character, Sham, Edwin's pet cat that found me ingenious ways to solve a lot of the standing problems in my story. So I've to salute this very fine feline for his help and now I'm back on track again, been growing about 1k of words a day and now its the last 10,000 words stretch. Seems my novel won't end there. If things goes well I'll finish part 1 of my entire story at about 60,000 to 70,000 words with around 12 to 14 chapters. Maybe the continuation of the story will be another attempt for next year's nano, or maybe I'll be enamored to the characters so much that I will trudge ahead and write on. But I'm confident I'll make the 50,000 word mark before the end of next week. Gambate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home